Let's get ready to PLAY in January 2014!
Join us for a fun-filled day of interactive adventures as we introduce you to the world of sports! Located inside the Tacoma Dome arena and Expo Hall, Let's Play features over 50 different clubs and organizations ready to allow you to try out their sport or activity. Here's your opportunity to scale a rock wall, kick a field goal, try your skill at sport stacking plus have a chance to win some great prizes.
We also have tournaments in basketball, educational clinics in volleyball and martial arts along with demonstrations of inline speed skating, archery, team handball and more. We also feature adaptive sports such as wheelchair basketball and Goal Ball.
- Rockwall Climbing Young climbers scaled the rock wall
- Sport Stacking Blurry hands as kids competed in a Sport Stacking competition.
- ZUMBA Everyone got into the spirit of ZUMBA
- Speed Skating A demonstration of inline speed skating
- Scuba Kids got to experience scuba diving at the event.
- High Jump Hershey's Track & Field set up a high jump pit for kids to try their skills.
- Rope Climbing Participants strap on a harness, click into an overhead track, and climb a cargo net to a platform over 12 feet off the ground. There they face a number of rope course challenges culminating in a slide down a fireman’s pole!
- Martial Arts Everything from karate and judo to jui jitsu and tae kwon do were demonstrated.
- Metro Parks Basketball Jamboree Twelve teams competed in the Metro Parks Basketball Jamboree.
- Baseball Kids got important instruction on batting at the baseball exhibit.
- Food Donations We've collected over 3,000lbs of food so far for the Emergency Food Network!
NEW THIS YEAR:
Take a ride on our Zipline! Adults and kids can ride the zipline 200+ ft. inside the Tacoma Dome! Cost to ride the Zipline is additional to the admission price. Only $6 for 1x or $10 for unlimited rides. Help feed the Hungry! Bring 5 non-perishable food items and receive one free ride on the zipline!
For 2014 the YMCA of Pierce County will be conducting free swim lessons at the Let's Play! event. These mini-classes will be 20 min. long inside a heated swimming pool, so bring your swim suits and towels!
So mark your calendars to join us, Saturday, January 18 from 10:00am - 7:00pm at the Tacoma Dome and Expo Hall. Admission is FREE for kids under 18 and only $8 for adults 18 and over.